Pace For Peace Is Almost Here!
In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Tri-Valley Haven will be hosting its annual Pace for Peace 5K/10K Run & Walk on Saturday, October 7th, 2023 at 8 AM starting at the Haven’s Community Building, 3663 Pacific Avenue, Livermore. To register, please click the button above.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month which was established to raise awareness and stop violence. Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behaviors used by one individual intended to exert power and control over another individual in the context of an intimate or family relationship. Each year, Tri-Valley Haven receives approximately 4,000 calls for help. That is approximately 11 crisis calls every day, from local survivors in need. All Pace for Peace proceeds goes towards Tri-Valley Haven programs to serve local survivors and families fleeing domestic abuse.
Tri-Valley Haven’s Pace for Peace has something for everyone, whether you are a serious runner or out for a leisurely walk with friends and family to support a great cause. Chip timing and finisher medals will be provided. Age group awards will be presented. Refreshments are provided for the whole family. The Pace for Peace is a great time for everyone!
If you are interested in volunteering at this event please fill out an application here. If you are already a registered Haven volunteer, please email our volunteer coordinator. For any questions, please email email@example.com
Due to repairs to parts of the Arroyo trail, we will no longer be going through Robertson Park. Instead, we will now pass Retzlaff Winery and cross at the light for Concannon. We will have cones and crossing guards available.
Race Day Schedule
7:00 am – Check-in/race day registration opens
8:00 am – 10K run/walk start
8:05 am – 5K run/walk start
9:15-9:30 am – Race ends/award ceremony begins
All participants are timed regardless if you choose to walk or run.
Packet Pickup - 3663 Pacific Avenue in Livermore
Wednesday, October 4th: 3-6 PM
Thursday, October 5th: 3-6 PM
Friday, October 6th: 3-6 PM
For those registered after October 1st, packet pickup starts at 7 AM on race day.
Pace For Peace 2023 FAQs
- When is the event?
- Saturday October 7th, 2023. Race time is 8 AM.
- Where will it take place?
- The start and finish line are located in front of our Community Building on 3663 Pacific Avenue, Livermore. The course runs through parts of the Arroyo Trail and Robertson Park. There will be cross guards to guide participants across S. Livermore Avenue.
- Where can I park?
- Most of Pacific Avenue will be closed for the event. There is ample parking in the shopping center of S. Livermore and Pacific Avenue as well as the surrounding streets (Dolores, S. Livermore, and the beginning of Pacific Avenue).
- What time does the race start?
- Participants will begin their run/walk at 8 AM sharp. This year, everyone is timed regardless. If you arrive late, please check in so that we can start your timer.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Absolutely! Please ensure that your pet is leashed at all times. There will be refreshments for the pups too!
- Are strollers allowed?
- When does registration close?
- Registration closes the day before the event at 11 PM. Registration opens on-site race day for last minute attendees.
- When can I pick up my shirt and bib?
- Packet pick-up will be available on Wednesday, October 4th, Thursday, October 5th and Friday, October 6th from 3-6 PM.
- You can have someone else pick up your packet and/or you can pick up on behalf of someone else as long as you have their registration information or I.D.
- Location: 3663 Pacific Avenue, Livermore.
- Will there be food or drinks?
- Yes! We will have coffee, water, and milk for drinks. For food, we will have donuts, fruit, trail mix, etc.
- Will there be restrooms?
- There are no restrooms along the course, but there will be restrooms available near the start/finish line.
For further quesions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org